Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to get \\ in title or author?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to get \\ in title or author?
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 10:26:28 -0400

=?utf-8?Q?S=C3=A9bastien_Vauban?= <address@hidden> wrote:

> is correctly converted into:

> % Created 2009-09-09 Wed 11:37
> \documentclass[final,book]{myreport}  % <-- our company class
> \usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{longtable}
> \usepackage{soul}
>
> \usepackage{xcolor}
> \usepackage{listings}
>
> \title{YYY \linebreak XXX}
> \author{YYY \linebreak XXX}
> \date{2009-09-09}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> [...]
>
> and the PDF output of both the Title line and the Author line is on two lin=
> es
> (perfectly centered, horizontally).
>
> Is your `\maketitle' redefined?

Hi Seb & Bastien,

The org->latex translation is no problem, but the resulting latex file
does not give me a two-line authorship, either through pdflatex (tested
with xpdf) or through latex->dvi (tested with xdvi) and then through
dvi->ps (tested with gv).

And \maketitle is not redefined. I append the complete LaTeX file in case
you'd like to test. If you do, I'd be interested in the results. I'm
wondering whether the ``myreport'' class does things differently for
you, but I don't really know. It might be time to get my (very
rudimentary) LaTeX debugging skills out of the attic, dust them off, oil
them and put them to work again.

Thanks much,
Nick

% Created 2009-09-09 Wed 00:43