[Orgmode] Re: Org-mode and GPG (EasyPG)

From: Maurice Boucher
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode and GPG (EasyPG)
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 12:58:44 +0200

Hello,

Kyle Sexton <address@hidden> disait le 31/07/2009 que :

> Does this mean you were able to get the agenda view working with
> EasyPG as well?

In my .emacs, I have :
,----
| (require 'epa)
| (epa-file-enable)
| (setq epa-file-cache-passphrase-for-symmetric-encryption t)
`----

I run the command : M-x epa-encrypt-file

in mini-buffer, I enter the name of my file : secret_filel.org

In the dialog buffer,
,----
| Select recipients for encryption.
| If no one is selected, symmetric encryption will be performed.
| - `m' to mark a key on the line
| - `u' to unmark a key on the line
| [Cancel][OK]
`----

I hit ok for symetric encryption, emacs asks me to type twice my
passphrase.

I get a new file : secret_file.org.gpg, I load it and add it ( C-c [ ) to my
agenda files.

Next time, if I want to see my agenda view, I have to give my
passphrases that are required for every encrypted files.

I run emacs23 like server in screen (the screen manager) at startup,
this last action (typing passphrases) does not need to be repeated
everytime because I run my agenda views in emacsclients.

Maurice