Re: [Orgmode] Release 6.28

From: peter . frings
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Release 6.28
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:54:27 +0200

On 25 Jun 2009, at 16:24, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Jun 25, 2009, at 3:19 PM, Bastien wrote:

Bulk action
============

With `d' and `w' in place, `m' and `y' are consistent, logical. However, I don't believe anyone uses monthly views, I am sure
that no-one uses yearly views, right?  So I will negotiate over
`m', i someone can propose a viable alternative that makes sense.

With 'd' and 'w' in place, I would keep the 'm', even if it is less used (especially for less used interactions, consistency is a must).

I strongly hesitate to use "x" for action, because it has
been "exit" for so many years, and because I don't want
anyone to execute this command by accident....

Through, but for many new [org-mode] users it wont be a problem. AFAIK, `x' in dired requires a confirmation, so you've got an escape hatch. The `x' could be remapped to `Q' (I believe gnus makes the same distinction between q and Q).

A possible way out it that we can switch between two sets of keybindings, a 'compatibility' one and a 'dired'-like one. Default would be the compatibility set.

Sometimes one spends much more time thinking about such things than actually implementing stuff... :-( But in the end, it is usually worth it.

Cheers,
Peter.