Re: [Orgmode] Release 6.28

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Release 6.28
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:15:24 +0200

>> I'm a bit disoriented with the new keybinding for `s' -- I got used
>> to it the same way I'm used to `C-x C-s'.
>
> This is why `C-x C-s' seems to me the perfect key for this.

I was not aware `C-x C-s' is also available from the agenda, great.

> You know, I have been agonizing over these bindings,
> switching them back and forward.  Obviously, I would like
> to have things like in dired and similar programs.
>
> I don't want to switch `d' to `D', no way.  One of the consistent things
> in the agenda keymap is that caleandar/diary related keys are  upper
> case.  `d' and `w' are not negotiable.

What about having those dired-like keys with a modifier?

M-d: mark for deletion
M-m: mark for operation
M-u: unmark this entry
M-x: operate on marked entries
M-D: delete marked entries
M-U: unmark all

This way, no need to change anything from the current keybindings
just add these new ones.  Having a modifier is also safer for M-x
and reflect the fact that we are in a special operating mode in
the agenda...

(By no means I want to be fussy about the current keybindings, it
just I thought it was worth discussing this before we got used to
the default keybindings.)

--
 Bastien