Re: [Orgmode] Re: Headline with 2 timestamps is displayed only once in t

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Headline with 2 timestamps is displayed only once in the agenda
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:34:37 +0200

On Apr 21, 2009, at 6:00 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

Hi Carsten,

What do I have to do to make that entry showing up twice on 29th
April?

Make the second one a SCHEDULED time stamp, for example.  When Org
collects entries for the day, it goes through the files, once for
plain time stamps, once for scheduled, once for deadlines.  When an
entry matches, it stops looking for timestamps in the same entry.  So
you need to make the stamps of different kind to make them show up
both.

Hm, ok, that works. But what if I have to enter a few other exceptions?
What do other people do in that situation?  Add a subheading with all
exception dates?

Why does org stop with the first match?  Efficiency?  At least I don't
care about that, so if this could be made customizable I wouldn't
object.

Efficiency, and to avoid cluttering if you have recorded
several time stamps in an entry.  See, the problem is that
all these lines will look exactly the same in the agenda,
because they all show the same headline!

However, I do see that your applications, with a different
time-of-day, does in fact make sense.

Anyway, get the latest version and do

   (setq org-agenda-find-multiple-timestamps-per-entry t)

Question to everyone:  Should this be the default?

- Carsten

BTW: Is it possible to specify an end date for repeating events?

No, except if you use a diary sexp in the time stamp.  But not with
native Org syntax.

Ok, thanks.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
No person, no idea, and no religion deserves to be illegal to insult,
not even the Church of Emacs. (Richard M. Stallman)