[Orgmode] Re: Headline with 2 timestamps is displayed only once in the a

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Headline with 2 timestamps is displayed only once in the agenda
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 18:00:45 +0200

Hi Carsten,

>> What do I have to do to make that entry showing up twice on 29th
>> April?
>
> Make the second one a SCHEDULED time stamp, for example.  When Org
> collects entries for the day, it goes through the files, once for
> plain time stamps, once for scheduled, once for deadlines.  When an
> entry matches, it stops looking for timestamps in the same entry.  So
> you need to make the stamps of different kind to make them show up
> both.

Hm, ok, that works.  But what if I have to enter a few other exceptions?
What do other people do in that situation?  Add a subheading with all
exception dates?

Why does org stop with the first match?  Efficiency?  At least I don't
care about that, so if this could be made customizable I wouldn't
object.

>> BTW: Is it possible to specify an end date for repeating events?
>
> No, except if you use a diary sexp in the time stamp.  But not with
> native Org syntax.

Ok, thanks.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
No person,  no idea, and no  religion deserves to be  illegal to insult,
not even the Church of Emacs. (Richard M. Stallman)