Re: [Orgmode] Headline with 2 timestamps is displayed only once in the a

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Headline with 2 timestamps is displayed only once in the agenda
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 11:38:19 +0200

On Apr 21, 2009, at 11:03 AM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

Hi all,

I have this entry in an org-file.

** Übung Grundlagen der Softwaretechnik (B 016)        :teaching:
  <2009-04-22 Wed 08:30-10:00 +1w>
  <2009-04-29 Wed 10:15-11:45> (Für Hannes übernehmen)

I expect it to be displayed every wednesday after 2009-04-22 for
08:30-10:00 and on 2009-04-29 it should be displayed twice: one at the
usual time and one for 10:15-11:45.

But the agenda shows only the regular entry (08:30-10:00) and omitts the
exception.  If I reorder the timestamps, so that the exception comes
first, only the exception will be shown on 2009-04-29.  Every other
wednesday shows the regular repeater date.

What do I have to do to make that entry showing up twice on 29th April?

Make the second one a SCHEDULED time stamp, for example.
When Org collects entries for the day, it goes through
the files, once for plain time stamps, once for scheduled,
once for deadlines.  When an entry matches, it stops
looking for timestamps in the same entry.  So you need
to make the stamps of different kind to make them show
up both.

BTW: Is it possible to specify an end date for repeating events?

No, except if you use a diary sexp in the time stamp.  But not with
native Org syntax.

- Carsten

Currently I just deactivate timestamps when they're obsolete, but
sometimes I'd like to check which appointments I had some month ago.

Bye,
Tassilo