Re: [Orgmode] export and containers

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] export and containers
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 10:29:03 +0100

Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:
> Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:
>>> It's been a while since I've looked at my org set up. One thing that
>>> always struck me as a bit hacky was my use of
>>>
>>> :preamble "<div id='content'>
>>>
>>> and the corresponding postamble to enclose the exported web pages into a
>>> "container" div. Is there a better way to do this? I would think it
>>> would be a common enough need that by default or via an option all html
>>> should be enclosed in a "webcontainer" ID.
>>
>> While one container around everything makes it possible to center the
>> page horizontally, two containers make it possible to center the page
>> vertically as well.
>>
>> If we would go and change the structure once again, I'd even suggest the
>> following:

> Why always IDs as opposed to classes?

`percent-50' and `wrap' are there for a special purpose and unique in
that concern. `wrap' is the `content' you originally requested. I did
not use my brain and called it `wrap' without any annotation.

>>> :preamble "<div id='content'>

I'd say they should have an ID assigned.

> Can css selectors select based on a part of a name? If not then there is
> no link between column-1 and column-2. e.g in this convention how does
> one create a common style for all columns or all "sec-" objects?

Aaah, OK, sorry for being unclear - a misunderstanding.

I did *not* mean to _change_ the structure of the XHTML in it's current
form, but simply _add_ additional containers to partition the whole
thing (just as you suggested) and thus make it possible to move certain
groups of content around through CSS.

All the "sec-" objects should go into `column-2'.
All the `sec-' objects share classes via the containers they live in:

etc.

That's already the case, and I think we don't need to change that.

* Suggestions for names

  `wrap' is, what they use in typolight and some other CMSs. But
  `content' sounds good to me too.

          <h2 id="sec-1"><span class="section-number-2">2</span> Konfiguration
</h2>
        ... more sections, footnotes ...

        postamble

--