Re: [Orgmode] export and containers

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] export and containers
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 12:11:09 +0100

Hi Sebastian,

On Mar 2, 2009, at 10:29 AM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

* Suggestions for names

 `wrap' is, what they use in typolight and some other CMSs. But
 `content' sounds good to me too.

<h2 id="sec-1"><span class="section-number-2">2</span> Konfiguration </h2>
       ... more sections, footnotes ...

       postamble

How about these names for additional divs

content-wrap
content ;; I think we should just have one around the entire content. ;; should this also contain the <h1> with the page title?
                ;; I think yes

table-of-contents-wrap

footnote-wrap
bibliography-wrap
postamble-wrap

So we put all the stuff into specific "wrap" containers.
I don't so much like "column-1", because that looks fine
if you use it for columns, but it looks confusing if you
use it for something else...

- Carsten

         the toc

       All the rest of the content goes here

       postamble

Having two boxes for the TOC would make the fixed TOC work in IE. In
general, I prefere to use two kinds of Boxes:

- one for positioning, floating and so on. This one should have _no_
   padding or margin at all!

Can one not simply use .body for that?

 - one for margin, padding, styling.

I found, this is the only way to reliably enforce a layout across
browsers.

column-1 and column-2 are for that very reason. All we can do to put the TOC to the left or right is, to add margins to the body or the level 1 contents, and place it there. This is, what causes the problems with the
fixed TOC in IE. `column-1' and `column-2' (and `postamble') make it
possible, to adjust the layout in various common ways.

The `percent-50' (oh what a name) and `wrap' are just there, to be able
to center the whole page horizontally _and_ veritcally.

Best,

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover
Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472

--
Email: address@hidden, address@hidden
Http:  www.emma-stil.de