[Orgmode] archiving tasks breaks emacs

From: Spike Spiegel
Subject: [Orgmode] archiving tasks breaks emacs
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 14:24:56 +0800

Hi,

I'm a new emacs user,  running emacs 22.3_0 , org 6.21b and remember
2.0 on osx, emacs installed from macports and everything else from
upstream. I'm following this tutorial
http://www.newartisans.com/blog/2007/08/using-org-mode-as-a-day-planner.html
and my todo.org example is attached along with my .emacs (only the
orgmode relevant part).

After marking one of the tasks as DONE I wanted to test the archiving
feature. Setting ARCHIVE tag works just fine but if I try to save to
an archive fail (C-c C-x C-a) emacs immediately freezes and top shows
it's taking up all the CPU:

43537 emacs       96.7%  5:12.23   1    15     63 9040K   364K    12M    26M

it won't ever come down and I have to kill it.

The directory Documents/orgmode/archive exists and is empty.

any idea what the problem could be? If anybody can provide some
directions I could do more debugging.

--
"Behind every great man there's a great backpack" - B.