[Orgmode] Re: archiving tasks breaks emacs

From: Spike Spiegel
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: archiving tasks breaks emacs
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 17:24:42 +0800

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Spike Spiegel <address@hidden> wrote:
> After marking one of the tasks as DONE I wanted to test the archiving
> feature. Setting ARCHIVE tag works just fine but if I try to save to
> an archive fail (C-c C-x C-a) emacs immediately freezes and top shows
> it's taking up all the CPU:
>
> 43537 emacs       96.7%  5:12.23   1    15     63 9040K   364K    12M    26M
>
> it won't ever come down and I have to kill it.

Urm, I've "resolved" this. I've spent the last hr customizing my org
settings and for whatever reason it now works fine, so there must have
been some kind of setting that conflicted with it, I might try later
to put back things as they were when I sent my initial email and try
to comment stuff out and see if I can find the exact problem.

btw, it was C-c C-x C-z, not C-a and talking about this in irc it
seems I wasn't clear enough to describe the failure mode: C-g or C-z
or anything else wouldn't do anything, all input appeared to be
ignored.

thanks

--
"Behind every great man there's a great backpack" - B.