Re: [Orgmode] HOWTO export document to wiki text?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] HOWTO export document to wiki text?
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:27:56 -0800

Uwe Koloska <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> there is this very nice export to text feature and the superb HTML export.
> But
> is it possible to convert org to some rich text notation used in wikis?  I
> would like to include some of my documents into a wiki (dokuwiki and
> TWiki/Foswiki).
> And if there is no such feature yet, where do I have to start to implement it?

Hi,

I believe the only export targets currently supported are html, xoxo,
ascii, and latex.

The first place to look for adding a new export format would be the
org-exp.el file in ~/lisp/org-exp.el (where ~ is the root of your
org-mode git directory).  See the function
`org-export-preprocess-string' and specifically the let binding at the
beginning which sets the htmlp, asciip, latexp, variables which indicate
the export target.  I would be the place to start reading to see how
exporting in org-mode works.

You may want to implement the new export in a new file separate from the
org-exp.el file.  This would be a good idea if the new export targets
might not be of wide enough applicability to actually change org-exp.el
(a fairly central org file).

Best of luck -- Eric