Re: [Orgmode] Saving column views in agenda

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Saving column views in agenda
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 08:27:14 +0100

Hi Matt,

this is an interesting problem.  I can see three ways to go forward:

1. To indeed export agenda column view, but maybe it would actually
   be nicer to capture it into a table somewhere.

2. I believe I can relatively easily make it possible to capture
   in an Org buffer from a sparse tree, or even using a full
   match string with tags and properties.  However, I don't think
   that I can make he partial sums work in this way, and I don't
   actually think that you'd want your parent properties filled with
   temporary, partial sums.  Maybe the way to go would be to capture
   a sparse tree, and then to do the summing using calc formulas on the
   captured table, would that work?  I am not sure tight now if such
   formulas persist, but I believe it works for clock tables, so we
   could make it work for column view capture as well.

3. Maybe what would be even beter is to build on Eric Schultes collector
   function an make something that would create a custom able from
   selected properties of matched entries.  That could then be
   incorporated into a dynamic block so that it can be easily updated.
   Eric, would you like to comment?

- Carsten