Re: [Orgmode] Saving column views in agenda

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Saving column views in agenda
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:40:45 +0100

On Dec 11, 2008, at 10:34 PM, address@hidden wrote:

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Matthew,

Good idea.  I've added a :conds parameter which can do just that, see
the example below.  Notice that :conds should be a list of tests, not
just one single test, if this proves awkward it would be easy to add
a :cond parameter which doesn't require a list.

Thanks for the update. This is fantastic! It makes it very easy to put
a subset of property data in a nice, clean table and thus adds
powerful spreadsheet functionality to org-mode.

One issue with this setup, is that it's not clear what a stable way
would be to specify the #+TBLFM line. Since the size of the table could
vary the field in which the sum should be placed could move around.
With the table below a #+TBLFM line like this

 #+TBLFM: @II+1$2=vsum(@address@hidden)

would work, but currently org-table does not allow the @I style
references before the = sign in the table formula.  I wonder if this
would be hard difficult to change?

I considered the same thing when I inquired about selecting for a
particular condition--namely, that it would interfere the #+TBLFM
formula.

If allowing for the @I reference before the equal is not possible, I
wonder whether another notation could be added to org-table that would
designate the last field in a column (or row)---since such fields are
often used to show the results of calculations. That would enable one
to create a stable formula that would survive changes to the number of
rows in a table. (In other words, one could add rows to the table and
still ensure that the formula is attached to the last row.) I'd agree,
however, that begin able to use @I before the equal would be
preferable, because then (as far as I understand it) one could
designate arbitrary "fixed" positions in tables with hlines.

Yes, this is not the first time that a request for a last-line
reference has come up.  But the connection with org-collector.el
really seems to need this, so I finally took a look.

I needed only a single line edit to make @0 refer to the last line.
Up in the git repo now.

- Carsten

Thanks,