[Orgmode] Re: Automatic Timestamp Update

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Automatic Timestamp Update
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 09:45:05 +0000

On 2008-12-08, David A. Gershman <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have my "orgmode" structured in multiple files.  However, every time I
> save a file I wouldn't mind a "last modified" time stamp to be updated.
>  I thought emacs itself had something of this nature but I'm wondering
> if anyone has a different idea/method, perhaps orgmode-specific.

Can't help you with something orgmode specific but Emacs does indeed
have something that will do this for you.  Have a look at
"time-stamp".  You can have file specific settings for time-stamp.

For my org files, I have

#+DATE:      2008.12.05 18:43:01

as one of the first lines in the file and then have the following at the end:

---------------------------------------- cut here
* COMMENT Local file settings for Emacs

# Local Variables:
# time-stamp-line-limit: 1000
# time-stamp-format: "%04y.%02m.%02d %02H:%02M:%02S"
# time-stamp-active: t
# time-stamp-start: "#\\+DATE:[ \t]*"
# time-stamp-end: "$"
# End: