[Orgmode] Re: How to use FILETAGS?

From: Manish
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: How to use FILETAGS?
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 20:36:03 +0530

  On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Manish wrote:
  > Hello All,
  >
  >  I have set a "#+FILETAGS: :Personal:" in my org file (did a C-c C-c
  > to initilalize it.)  The tag did not appear in the agenda view like I
  > expected it to.  I was hoping to use agenda view filtering on tags to
  > see a subset of tasks with that tag (without having to set that for
  > all tasks.)  What else do I need to do for it to work?

Okay.  I think I realize my mistake now.

The FILETAGS are NOT meant to be displayed and hence can not be used
for filtering items in agenda view.  They are meant to be matched
while creating agenda only.

So I guess my question now becomes, does anyone know an easier way to
add a tag to a bunch of items?

-- Manish