Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to use FILETAGS?

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to use FILETAGS?
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 19:04:44 +0530

  On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
  > Hi Manish,
  >
  > I very much like the idea to add an indicator to the agenda mode line, and
  > will do that.

Thank you.

  > You said that you can filter an already filtered  view.  This is only
  > partially correct.  If you do that, it is not so that you will further
  > filter down the current list.  Instead, a new filter will be applied to the
  > original list.

You are right.  I did not notice this in excitement.

  > At first I had it in fact implemented in a way that several
  > filters could be used in a row, but John Wiegley (how asked for this
  > feature) convinced me that the current convention is better.
  >
  > What this feature really does is saving you the definition of different
  > agenda commands selecting for specific tasks.  Instead, you can now create
  > one view and then filter it for different tags.

Yes.  I can see the point and the benefit.

  > We could implement filtering for several tags, but I am not sure if this
  > will be really so useful.

I kind of like the ability to zero-in on the kind of things you can do
at the moment based on repeated filtering (say, first select your
location.. home, work etc., then the kind of task you can do.. email,
phone, etc.  If only I could filter that fast on the effort too.. )  I
guess what I am trying to request is if this (repeated filtering) can
be a configurable behaviour?

-- Manish