Re: [Orgmode] org-annotation-helper

From: Peter Westlake
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-annotation-helper
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 12:35:57 +0100

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 13:27:18 +0200, "Carsten Dominik"
<address@hidden> said:

> > On the subject of org-annotation-helper, the code has this comment
> > about %a:

> >> annotation? (raise-frame)
> >
> > While I was trying to make this work, using a slightly earlier
> > version, I found that the %a would work if I had an active region
> > selected at the time. Before I could find out how to make a region
> > active, or stop it being needed, I found the new version of the
> > code, and now I use
> > %:region. But it would be interesting to know why org-mode tests for
> > there being an active region; it seems to do it quite a lot. You
> > need an active region to convert a table with C-c |, for instance.
> > Carsten, is there any reason why it works this way?
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> how else should Org know the range of lines to convert? Or maybe I
> misunderstand your question?

If I use C-space to place the mark at the beginning of the table, and
move point to the end, then the region covers the table, and I would
expect C-c | to operate on the region. Instead, it ignores the region
and asks what size table to make. If I highlight a region using the
mouse, then it works.

Peter.