Re: [Orgmode] org-annotation-helper

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-annotation-helper
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 13:27:18 +0200

On Sep 1, 2008, at 1:20 PM, Peter Westlake wrote:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 12:19:23 +0200, "Richard G Riley"
<address@hidden> said:

caveat : I do not know if this is optimal or even recommended but it now
works for me.

I have modified the code a little to remove hex from the actual link. > I have "boxquoted" all code so you will need to remove that.

firefox/iceweasel : To set up the bookmark link, simple create a new
book mark called "remember" in firefox and make this the location
code:

,----

javascript:location.href='remember://%20'+location.href +'%1C'+escape(document.title)+'%1C'+escape(window.getSelection())
`----

I have a slightly different link, which works too:

javascript:location.href='remember://'+location.href +'::remember::'+escape(document.title) +'::remember::'+escape(window.getSelection())

On the subject of org-annotation-helper, the code has this comment about
%a:

|         ;; FIXME can't access %a in the template -- how to set
annotation? (raise-frame)

While I was trying to make this work, using a slightly earlier version, I found that the %a would work if I had an active region selected at the
time. Before I could find out how to make a region active, or stop it
being needed, I found the new version of the code, and now I use
%:region. But it would be interesting to know why org-mode tests for
there being an active region; it seems to do it quite a lot. You need an
active region to convert a table with C-c |, for instance. Carsten, is
there any reason why it works this way?

Hi Peter,

how else should Org know the range of lines to convert?
Or maybe I misunderstand your question?

- Carsten