Re: [Orgmode] Google Tech Talk

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Google Tech Talk
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:27:21 +0200

> On Jul 19, 2008, at 8:12 AM, Ian Barton wrote:
>
>> OK, I can understand Google's reasons for not allowing downloading. I
>> presume that the video remains available indefinitely on YouTube. In
>> fact many Google Tech talk videos do eventually become available for
>> download from Google themselves.
>
> Really?  Can you send me an example link?  Then I could check with the
> Google people.

Take Merlin Mann's talk, for example:

On the top right frame, there is a link "Download - iPod/PSP".
Clicking on it let you download the talk in .mp4 format.

Maybe they don't offer this service for newer talks because they are
slowly moving people from Google video to Youtube?  Not sure though.

--
Bastien