|Subject:||Re: [Orgmode] Re: Google Tech Talk|
|Date:||Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:58:55 -0700|
regarding the copyright, I cannot imagin this being a problem,
in particular if you pull up the live youtube page and view it
from there. If the quality is not enough for a big screen, you
could consider projecting the slides only which I have made
available as flash and PDF here:
My talk is clearly not complete, and once users are familar with
the basic concepts (on which my talks focuses), there is a lot
of room to add stuff. For example:
- Demo the construction of complex queries including tags,
properties, todo keywords. The demo could construct queries
simple at the prompt, or in the customize interface.
In fact, this is an area where a good tutorial still needs to
- Demo the search view which lets you query an outline tree like
a knowledge base.
- Export and publishing, I pretty much skimmed over that completely.
- Demo all kinds of customization stuff, for example setting the
TODO states, the tag interface (difference between completion
and the one-key-per-tag interface), STARTUP keywords for initial
visibility and other stuff.
- Demo logging of TODO-state changes.
- Demo clocking time, maybe together with effort estimates.
If you put a lot of work into it, consider taping yourself
and put the result up on youtube. :-)
On Jul 22, 2008, at 10:26 AM, Russell Adams wrote:
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|