Re: [Orgmode] FR: date marking in calendar

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: date marking in calendar
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 21:09:08 -0500

Bastien,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. My appointments are in org files are agenda are marked with a tag, so using diary as you suggested does not work exactly as I wished. But I was not even aware of the existence of org-diary and its usage, maybe I can find some other use of it later on.

Also, I did not see any calendar markings in my trial even with org-diary, but I suspect it might be because I ran emacs in a text terminal, not an X-window or Windows. I will try it later.

Wanrong

Bastien wrote:
(require 'diary-lib)
(add-hook 'diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display)

Adding this in your ~/.diary file should do it:

%%(org-diary :scheduled :timestamp :deadline)

A note of caution: If you have *many* appointments in your org agenda
files, then each fancy display of the calendar will be much slower.
If you just need to use `d' on a calendar date, but don't want the dates
to be fontified, add `&' before the diary sexp:

&%%(org-diary :scheduled :timestamp :deadline)

HTH,