Re: [Orgmode] FR: source code

From: Phil Jackson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: source code
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:59:51 +0000

> On Jan 8, 2008, at 12:22 PM, Phil Jackson wrote:

[...]

>> is the lack of a method to 'embed' source code into a document ala:
>>
>> <src lang="shell-script">
>> </src>

[...]

> It seems to me that there are really two issues here:
>
> 1. Font-locking in the buffer
> 2. Export
>
> I guess one problem is that the stuff in BEGIN_EXAMPLE and similar
> structures is not protected from font-lock a la org-mode.
> Maybe this is the main issue you are having Phil?
>
> How does Muse behave in your examlple?  I don't know Muse too well.

The code isn't actually font-locked in the buffer itself but is syntax
highlighted upon export (in (x)html anyway). Without actually reading
the code, I think it just takes the region applies the mode specified by
the 'lang' attribute and then uses htmlize.el on it.

I *personally* still can't decide if this is within org's scope though,
not to say I wouldn't find it very handy.

Cheers,
Phil
--
 Phil Jackson