Re: [Orgmode] Re: FR: source code

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: FR: source code
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 01:55:21 +0000

"Eddward DeVilla" <address@hidden> writes:

>> ,----
>> | #+BEGIN_HTML
>> | #+BEGIN_LaTeX
>> | #+BEGIN_TXT
>> | #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
>> | #+BEGIN myblock
>> `----
>
> I know.  I don't care for these.  There really only useful if you are
> exporting.

For the #+BEGIN_* you're right.  But dynamic blocks are useful for doing
anything (clock reports, etc.) - not only exporting.

> (By that I mean they are ugly (in my opinion) in the org-buffer.)

Ugly but useful :/

> I'd rather see a way to mark things up so they are meaningful in the
> buffer as well as export.

Hence my proposal to refactor these directives and only use the dynamic
block feature.  When a block should be dynamically handled would depend
on the associated function, not on the directive itself.

> I may be a little quick on the knee jerk.  In buffer markup recently
> got a little weaker and I'd like for it not to be over looked with the
> expectation that you can just use inline html or latex.

Right, understood!

--
Bastien