Re: [Orgmode] FR: source code

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: source code
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:50:20 -0600

> I definite agree with that.  I, too, primarily use org-mode for the
> way things
> look in Emacs.  I occasionally export but my main use is within emacs.
>
> Thanks,
> Ed

I guess I'm missing the point. Optional tags to improve syntax
highlighting in code snippets or to improve export wouldn't affect how
your buffers look inside Emacs. You aren't obligated to use them. ;]

On the flip side as a frequent exporter, I welcome anything that can
help unobtrusively improve the quality of the output. Adding syntax
highlighting in export, or a simple way to escape code metacharacters
would be of great benefit to me.

I've recently gotten completely hooked on the Latex exporter. The
ability to turn an org outline from my project notes into a
professional looking PDF with bookmarks is invaluable! All that with
zero time spent formatting on my part.

Thanks.

Russell Adams                            address@hidden