[Orgmode] Re: Suggest a new feature for org-remember-templates

From: Leo
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Suggest a new feature for org-remember-templates
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:04:26 +0000

On 2007-01-15, Bastien said:

> Leo <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> After playing with the %-escapes, I found it useful to make them
>> support certain modifiers.
>>
>> What do people think? Any other suggestions?
>
> Your email made me play with org-remember-templates a bit and they're
> quite powerful.  What you propose makes perfect sense to me.
>
> For now i'm just using `remember' to take some random notes, those
> that I don't need to link to any project immediately.  If we had the
> interactive `remember' you describe, i think it will become a core
> fonction that will help adding TODO items to *any* org files on the
> fly.  Could be great!

This is actually the feature make me make up my mind to migrate from
planner to org.

But the feature I propose is not important anymore. Since the
*remember* buffer is in org-mode, we can use the normal org key
bindings to set timestamps.

However I still feel there is room for improvement to make remember
the input engine for GTD etc. ;)