emacs-diffs

Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r112522: * lisp/progmodes/ruby-mo

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r112522: * lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode.el: First cut at SMIE support.
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 23:07:37 +0400

On 22.05.2013 22:55, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Don't you think it would be better to have these tests in
test/automated/ruby-mode-tests.el?

I find it inconvenient, actually, because when the test fails, it's
a handy to be able to have a ruby-mode buffer where I can try out sexp
movement and indentation functions "in the usual way", together with
Edebug if needed.

Good point, though I think I still prefer the reliability of automated testing over that convenience.

Having examples in ruby.rb that one has to check manually makes certain
sense for syntax highligting, but automated indentation tests are easier
to read and run.

Indentation checking is automated, via "(cd test/indent; make ruby.rb.test)"
It's not for syntax-highlighting, sadly.

Huh, I didn't know that. I don't think there can be a way to do the same for syntax highlighting, though.

Should I move all indentation tests to ruby.rb, and everything else to ruby-mode-tests.el?