Re: Grammar checking

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Grammar checking
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 14:20:24 +0300

> From: Payas Relekar <relekarpayas@gmail.com>
> Cc: Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org>,  rms@gnu.org,
>   m.eliachevitch@posteo.de,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 13:16:47 +0530
>
> >> I think that's no longer true, LanguageTool is available (and has been for
> >> ~20 years): https://github.com/languagetool-org/languagetool .  But it's
> >> written in Java...
> >
> > Thanks.  Maybe someone will figure out how to integrate this with
> > Emacs.
>
> There is this: https://github.com/mhayashi1120/Emacs-langtool
> Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcFOqkLm00o

Is the tool any good in practical use (as opposed to marketing-like
presentations)?  Did someone try to use it in real use cases, like
when writing significant amounts of prose, and if so, could those who
did try that please share their experience and impressions?

We need in Emacs a free grammar checker that really is up to the job,
not just any free program.  The result should be Emacs features that
we can be proud of.