Re: treesit indentation "blinking"

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: treesit indentation "blinking"
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 23:24:40 +0200

On 23/03/2023 23:10, Daniel Colascione wrote:
Editing can cause all sorts of transient nonsense in the AST, and it's impossible to predict in a general manner what this nonsense might be. The wrong kind of bracket can cause the entire rest of the file to be parsed as nonsense. This or that error recovery rule isn't going to solve the problem: such a strategy is a fragile whack a mole. There needs to be some general solution to prevent indentation blinking. This blinking makes TS modules unusable for me.

It seems to me it will only be feasible to support a number of "incomplete" syntax constructs. Maybe it will constitute a majority of them.

Have you tried using electric-pair-mode, though? I'd hate to make it our strong recommendation for all ts modes, but it does reduce the odds of incomplete code a lot.