Re: continuation passing in Emacs vs. JUST-THIS-ONE

From: Karthik Chikmagalur
Subject: Re: continuation passing in Emacs vs. JUST-THIS-ONE
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 23:39:43 -0700

One of the issues I've faced with using generator.el and its offshoots,
such as the emacs-aio library (written by Chris Wellons), is that I can't
run `debug-on-entry' on or edebug an `iter-defun'.  This makes it
difficult for me to write iterator-based logic for anything non-trivial.

Is there some way to step through calls to iterators?

> It would probably be reasonable to add a more asynchronous-oriented way
> of working with generator.el's CPS machinery, but I think the bigger
> problem is just the time to fix existing code that's not doing the right
> thing.

What needs to be fixed in generator.el for this?