Re: call-interactively behavior

From: Nicolas P. Rougier (inria)
Subject: Re: call-interactively behavior
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 12:12:47 +0100

Augusto Stoffel [2023-03-11 at 11:52] wrote:
I suppose you want to use `execute-kbd-macro'?

Thank for the suggestion, but documentation indicates:

The buffer shown in the currently selected window will be made the current
buffer before the macro is executed.

such that I'm unable to send the "TAB" to the right buffer.

Having looked more closely at the hippie-expand code, it tests explicitely last-command vs this-command to continue the cycle or not. I think I need to do something like:

#+begin_src
 (let ((command (key-binding (kbd "TAB"))))
   (command-execute command t)
   (setq this-command command)
   (setq last-command command)
#+end_src

Nicolas

--
Nicolas P. Rougier —— www.labri.fr/perso/nrougier
Institute of Neurodegenerative Diseases, Bordeaux