broken (or missing) packages after 'error in process sentinel: async-han

From: Thomas Klausner
Subject: broken (or missing) packages after 'error in process sentinel: async-handle-result: End of file during parsing'
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 10:19:40 +0100

Hi!

I'm running emacs from git (currently yesterday's version). I have
regular problems updating packages in 'list-packages'. Please let me
know if this is not the right mailing list for this topic.

My workflow producing the issue: I start emacs, run 'M-x
list-packages', wait until the refresh finishes, mark packages to
update with 'U' and then execute the update with 'x'.

Not every day, but more often than not, while installing the updates
I'll see either of

error in process sentinel: async-handle-result: End of file during parsing
error in process sentinel: End of file during parsing

appearing in the last line of the screen. This seems to break the
package updates. For example, when I next start emacs I might see an
error about helm not being installed.

I'll attach a message buffer from such an update process and my emacs
config. Let me know if you need more information.
 Thomas