Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 14:30:42 +0200

Theodor Thornhill <theo@thornhill.no> writes:

> I don't understand why referring to it by what it actually is is a
> problem.  In this case, elsp, or elsp-mode seems like the obvious
> choice, considering that the better name already is taken.

+1 but all the way through, i.e. drop the nonsensical 'e'.

The official website [0] calls Eglot an "LSP client".  So, why cannot we
say that?  LSP Client mode.  I find 'lsp-client' descriptive, and less
cryptic, than 'elsp'.  And it also matches the official nomenclature.

[0]: https://langserver.org/

Rudy
--
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice."
-- Henry Ford; Francis Kinloch, 1819; Henry David Thoreau, 1854

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia