Re: Adding a "quick-help" menu

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Adding a "quick-help" menu
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 09:54:30 +0200

> Calling it a "cheat sheet" sounds like a good idea.  I've added
> `cheat-sheet' as an alias:

Thanks; I think this looks useful, and easy to extend if we want to.

>> Perhaps the menu could have categories so you won't have to see the
>> whole thing.
>
> So you mean something like a query like "what do you want help with"?
> You say file management and then it prints out the 5 or 6 commands
> related to basic file management?

I don't think that would be as useful.  You need this when you don't
really know what Emacs offers -- and Emacs has oddball terminology here,
so just showing the entire cheat sheet is best.

That is, if you know that you want to change the "window size" (what
other editors would call "a pane" or "the file", perhaps), you don't
need the cheat sheet that much.