Re: master 6a2ee981c3: Add new functions for splitting the root window

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: master 6a2ee981c3: Add new functions for splitting the root window
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 14:01:28 +0000

Seems like one of your goals here is to replace C-x 2, C-x 3 etc. with more mnemonic bindings?

I shared a part of my configuration in the hope that it would be useful. AFAICS, the only commands in that list that are already bound are C-x 0 1 2 3 +. And C-x { } ^ if you count the subcommands.

Also, could you say why for the split- commands you use just C-u to split the root window, rather than a negative prefix argument as has been previously discussed?

That's what I do (and will continue to do) here, but feel free to use a negative prefix if you prefer. Like Stefan, I never use a prefix argument for split-window-{right,below}. FWIW, I very much doubt that such an argument is widely used.