Re: Implementing image support for kitty terminal

From: Tomas Hlavaty
Subject: Re: Implementing image support for kitty terminal
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 21:45:24 +0200

On Thu 08 Sep 2022 at 21:45, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> Of course, if all you want is to display a single image on the screen,

Yes, that is enough for me and for the use-cases the author of this
thread mentioned.

> and don't want to support scrolling of images

I think this might be doable.

> nor display of images mixed with text,

I do not need that.

And in case of eww/shr, this has another layouting elisp code which
might be more convenient to change.

> then these issues pretty much disappear.

Yes, that was my point.

> But I very much doubt that this will be good enough for our users.  It
> is definitely much less interesting from my POV, because it basically
> means we implement some kludgey and severely restricted semi-solution.

It would not be a perfect solution but it might be simple and good enough.
Certainly better than nothing at all.