Re: master updated (5af5ed6c62 -> f07505d1ec)

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: master updated (5af5ed6c62 -> f07505d1ec)
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 17:25:23 -0700

On 9/4/2022 5:17 PM, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
After this patch series, I'm getting:

4 unexpected results:
    FAILED  esh-proc-test/exit-status/with-stderr-pipe
    FAILED  esh-proc-test/output/stderr-to-buffer
    FAILED  esh-proc-test/output/stdout-and-stderr-to-buffer
    FAILED  esh-proc-test/output/stdout-to-buffer

This is on Debian/bookworm.

If the errors say anything about 'eshell-with-temp-buffer', you might just need to run "rm test/lisp/eshell/*.elc" to force a full recompile of the Eshell test suite.

Several of the tests use a common eshell-tests-helpers.el file, which I updated with a new macro (the aforementioned 'eshell-with-temp-buffer'). Unfortunately, the tests aren't smart enough to recompile eshell-tests-helpers.el first in cases like this. If anyone knows of a good way to do this, a patch (or even just a pointer in the right direction) would be great.

I probably should have sent a warning about this to emacs-devel, but I forgot that I touched eshell-tests-helpers.el in that patch series.