Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 15:36:47 +0300

> From: Akib Azmain Turja <akib@disroot.org>
> Cc: rms@gnu.org,  gregory@heytings.org,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 18:21:11 +0600
>
> > I hear you, but I'd suggest that you give fbterm a try.  Who knows,
> > maybe you will find that you like it.
>
> Or even better, install X and a terminal emulator and maximize the
> terminal emulator window.  There are many options, st, XTerm, Kitty,
> GNOME Terminal, Konsole, etc.
>
> Or make Emacs your X Window Manager.  There is a GNU ELPA package EXWM
> for doing that.
>
> How about GNOME or KDE?  Or even GNUStep?
>
> Even better, emulate Linux TTY on GNOME Terminal running on GNOME
> desktop rendered using Sixels on XTerm.
>
> Or the best option, don't use computers at all.

Your sarcasm is misplaced.  Suggesting to use an alternative console
terminal program is hardly something that needs to be laughed about.

> Now let's come to the point, why switch to fbterm when the Linux
> console works?

Because fbterm is a better console terminal program?  Because it
supports more characters OOTB?

> The buggy program (looks like it's Emacs here) should be fixed.

If you can explain what are the bugs to which you allude, sure, we do
want to fix bugs in Emacs.