Re: wrap-search 3.3.5

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: wrap-search 3.3.5
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 19:02:22 +0200

Gregory Heytings wrote:

> Okay, so the master copy of your files are in
> ~/public_html/emacs-init

Yes, most of the Elisp files that I wrote are there, there are
also subdirectories there, e.g. gnus/, so in a way that's
there as well, and there is the the Makefile and .elc files.

> Then I would probably do the following (on your desktop):
>
> - create a new directory ~/public_html/emacs-init-git
>
> - add a symlink in ~/.emacs.d to ~/public_html/emacs-init-git
>
> - move ~/git/wrap-search to ~/public_html/emacs-init-git

But that way that directory will also be copied to the server
since all of public_html is?

> - add the subdirectories of ~/public_html/emacs-init-git to
>   your load-path (for now that's only
>  ~/public_html/emacs-init-git/wrap-search)

Wait, we should not move around the original files and start
changing load paths of other applications, symlinks are fine
but other than that it should be a "git only" solution.

It is just another tool that should be adapted to the problem,
we are not adapting the problem again and again for every new
tool that anyone every thought of applying on it ...

> - in the script which rsyncs ~/public_html/emacs-init to your
>   server [...]
>
> cd <directory name>
> git commit -am $(date +%Y%m%d) && git push
>
> This will automatically push your changes to your
> public repository.

Right, cool.

--
underground experts united