Re: wrap-search 3.3.5

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: wrap-search 3.3.5
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 11:21:48 +0000

Do I understand correctly that you have (on your desktop computer) a ~/.emacs.d directory with a bunch of .el files, that you copy (some or all of) these files into ~/public_html/emacs-init (still on your desktop computer), and that you rsync that ~/public_html/emacs-init directory into /var/www/htdocs/dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init (which is on your server)?

In ~/.emacs.d/ is a symlink to emacs-init/ in public_html/ which is rsync'd to the server ...

Okay, so the master copy of your files are in ~/public_html/emacs-init.

Then I would probably do the following (on your desktop):

- create a new directory ~/public_html/emacs-init-git

- add a symlink in ~/.emacs.d to ~/public_html/emacs-init-git

- move ~/git/wrap-search to ~/public_html/emacs-init-git

- add the subdirectories of ~/public_html/emacs-init-git to your load-path (for now that's only ~/public_html/emacs-init-git/wrap-search)

- in the script which rsyncs ~/public_html/emacs-init to your server, add a loop which, for each directory inside ~/public_html/emacs-init-git/ (for now only ~/public_html/emacs-init-git/wrap-search) does

cd <directory name>
git commit -am $(date +%Y%m%d) && git push

This will automatically push your changes to your public repository.