copyright assignment

From: Guy Gastineau
Subject: copyright assignment
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 11:15:01 -0500

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Copyright-Assignment.html tells me to inquire here about the copyright assignment.

I am a little confused.  It says we need to do it each time we submit work.  I assume this means, once we cumulatively reach >=15 lines of sloc we then retroactively give our copyright assignment to the work, but then we need to reassign the copyright holding to fsf for future contribution?

I have started putting my pgp key on some keyservers.  Can I send it to a gnu or fsf specific keyserver?  Should I just export it and send that to you all here in the mailing list?
I assume then I just need to sign a text document saying whatever legal magic we need with said pgp key and send it here?

Thank you for helping me figure this out :)