Re: Horrible File menu

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: Horrible File menu
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 14:01:28 +1300

On 2022-01-31 10:45, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

And why require enabling this feature before the deleted frame can be
undeleted?

My opinion is that it shouldn't require enabling.

Are a few kilobytes of memory used by the deleted frame data a real
concern?

I don't think so.

I haven't been following these changes, but if it "requires enabling"
on account of such an inconsequential amount of memory, I would agree
that it should be enabled by default.

After all, I assume the memory was *already* used for the frame before
it was deleted, so all that's happening is that it's not being released
when the frame is deleted (but held until such time as another frame is
subsequently deleted IIUC).

I can't imagine it being worth making the UI clunkier (and likely
preventing many users from getting the benefit of the feature the
very first time they actually need it) for that reason.

-Phil