Re: Time to merge scratch/correct-warning-pos into master, perhaps?

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Time to merge scratch/correct-warning-pos into master, perhaps?
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 21:44:22 +0000

I don't know, but I just compared 7922131bb2 vs 3b33a14380, and in most cases 7922131bb2 is even a bit slower than correct-warning-pos:

make -j1 bootstrap: 654s vs 596s
make -j4 bootstrap: 256s vs 238s
make -j8 bootstrap: 201s vs 183s

make -j1 check: 181s vs 162s
make -j4 check: 45s vs 40s
make -j8 check: 26s vs 23s

Is that an optimized or an unoptimized build of Emacs?

It's a standard build, with the default build options, on Debian bookworm. The commands above are exactly what I typed in a fresh clone of the repository. IOW, CFLAGS='-g3 -O2'.