Re: Time to merge scratch/correct-warning-pos into master, perhaps?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Time to merge scratch/correct-warning-pos into master, perhaps?
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 17:57:08 -0500

> In these benchmarks, I used the following function:
>
>     (defun time-scroll-b (&optional arg)
>       (condition-case nil
>           (while t
>             (if arg (scroll-down) (scroll-up))
>             (sit-for 0))
>         (error nil)))

Any chance you could add this benchmark to `elisp-benchmarks`?

Has someone tried other benchmarks than this one?

Could you say something about the impact of this patch outside of the
obvious things in lread.c and bytecomp.el (other than performance), both
in terms of what code is changed and what potential changes one might
expect to see (and could affect for example external packages) in
corner cases?

        Stefan