Re: Sv: Sv: Sv: Support for background transparency

From: Håkon Flatval
Subject: Re: Sv: Sv: Sv: Support for background transparency
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 14:48:57 +0100

> This coding style is not what we use in Emacs.

Seems like I was in a bit of a rush with the formatting. It should be
in order now.

> You could just check dpyinfo->n_planes,

I was not aware of that one - simplifies things a bit. I have removed my
custom depth querying function and opted for that one instead.

> Which preprocessor statements are you referring to?

Sorry for not being specific - I was talking about the section with
>> #if defined (USE_GTK) && defined (USE_CAIRO)
that you mentioned in your previous mail. Its purpose is just to avoid
using 32-bit visuals in build configurations I have not considered, as I
know that at least some of those configurations display artifacts when
they are run with 32-bit visuals.

> Would you mind if I implemented that support instead?

I would be grateful if you would do that, as I doubt I will be able to
work on this consistently going forward.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

- Håkon