Re: (doc-view.el) Tabs or spaces convention?

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: (doc-view.el) Tabs or spaces convention?
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 15:03:45 +0100

>>>>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 14:22:48 +0100, dalanicolai <dalanicolai@gmail.com>
>>>>> said:

    dalanicolai> It seems that doc-view.el is (still) full of tabs (I only
discovered when I
    dalanicolai> wanted to make a commit,
    dalanicolai> and git errored).

I think the Emacs git hooks only trigger on trailing whitespace, but
of course git also checks stuff like that.

    dalanicolai> I will just convert all tabs to spaces unless that would
    dalanicolai> make me deviate from
    dalanicolai> some 'hidden' convention. In that case, please inform me about
it. I wasn't
    dalanicolai> able to find any info
    dalanicolai> about it.

If itʼs on lines that youʼre changing anyway, itʼs not an issue, just
donʼt mass replace tabs with spaces in the whole file.

Robert