Re: Collecting completion candidates from multiple files

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Collecting completion candidates from multiple files
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 09:19:42 -0500

> What I'm inquiring about is how to implement the collection of
> completion candidates from multiple buffers.

It's a rather vague question.  Usually completion data either comes from
Emacs itself (e.g. lists of commands, or elements of a hash-table, ...),
or from a buffer, or from external info (e.g. files or subprocesses) but
rarely from several buffers.  This said, I'm not sure what kind of
difficulty you're facing nor what kind of help you expect to find from
other examples.  It'd likely depend a lot on what the actual collection
work looks like.

If you're thinking of completion data along the lines of `imenu` but not
limited to the current buffer/file, then I suspect you're not looking
for "multiple buffers" but "multiple files", in which case examples may
be Eglot and CEDET?

        Stefan