Re: [External] : Re: Default custom file was: Re: Propose to add setup-w

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Default custom file was: Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 16:23:12 +0100 (CET)

Jan 11, 2022, 17:40 by tomas@tuxteam.de:

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 03:23:50PM +0100, Mathias Megyei wrote:
>
>> On 1/11/22 1:42 PM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>>

> [...]
>
>> > Now this is not only unwarranted, but also unnecessary. The debate is
>> > already difficult as it is, so please, don't do that.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>>
>> [I delibaretaly removed emacs-devel, I don't want to contribute to
>> non-technical discussion there. But I want to express my support for
>> xenodasein. No need to reply to this email.]
>>

> My mail wasn't about the position, but about the personal attack. This
> is unnecessary.
>
>> I have the same impression as xenodasein regarding the "helpfulness" of the
>> emails from Po Lu.
>>
>> Xenodasein, I hope and wish that you manage to overcome the destructive
>> effect of Po Lu's emails and remain active on emacs-devel. Maybe you could
>> just stop answering his emails and ask for the opinion of other developers
>> like Eli, Stefan M., Lars ...
>>

> This is just destructive behaviour. I don't know why you are doing this.
>
> Bye
> --
> tomás

It is not a refined response sure, but unnecessary and unwarranted?
I don't know.  I could just ignore but how is it better?  Ignoring
is simple enough, but it helps no one and there is no self-growth.
I see zero effort from the other party to correct these
misunderstandings, that is why my tone gets worse.  If this is too
disrupting and things won't change, I hereby stop responding to Po Lu
unless it is about something undeniable concrete a as patch, and I want
them to do the same.