Re: Packages quality

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Packages quality
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 01:54:55 -0600

> What I'm getting at is that users would benefit from extra info about
> the packages, e.g. notions of popularity and health, some lists of
> related packages including alternatives.

Agreed.  We should work on adding such features.

If someone would volunteer to open bug reports with their feature
suggestions, we could take it from there.

> And it'd be good for us to make efforts at consolidating packages
> (i.e. reach out and help package maintainers integrate their new package
> with the older one they thought was crap, as happens too often).

I would be interested in hearing more about this.  Could you expand on
this, or perhaps even point to some examples?

I don't know if this is what you mean, but one example that comes to
mind is how straight.el is not at all integrated with package.el (which
in your opinion, IIRC, could be rectified).