Re: [External] : Re: Default custom file was: Re: Propose to add setup-w

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Default custom file was: Re: Propose to add setup-wizard.el to ELPA
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 01:14:24 -0800

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> Exactly. Although we could offer a migration command (and when I say
> 'offer', I mean 'describe in NEWS', not 'prompt when they run Emacs').

If we do this job right, I expect that people will be happily having
their customize specifications in init.el for years to come without any
issues.  It also doesn't seem important enough to be bothering people
about.

I therefore think you're right that we shouldn't prompt about it, and
that calling it out in NEWS is enough.